- American Sheep Breeder and Woolgrowers' Magazine. E. Peck & Sons, Chicago, Ill., August, 1898.
- Beers, F. W. "Sandgate," Atlas of Bennington County, Vermont, New York, 1869, p. 12.
- Bennington Evening Banner. "50th Anniversary Number," Bennington, Vt., December 8, 1953.
- Child, Hamilton. Gazetteer and Directory of Bennington County, 1880-1881, Syracuse, N. Y., December, 1880.
- Comstock, John A., ed. Principal Civil Officers of Vermont, (Deming's Vermont Officers, A Revision and Enlargement) St. Albans, Vt., 1918.
- Conant, H. J., (Retired State Librarian). "Leading Events in the History of Vermont," Legislative Directory and State Manual, 1959.
- Goodrich, John E. Vermont Rolls of the Soldiers in the Revolutionary War 1775-I783. Rutland, Vt., 1904.
- Kent, Dorman B. E. One Thousand Men. The Vermont Historical Society, 1915.
- Lane, Henry, and Albro E. Perkins. Sheep Industry in Vermont. (Pamphlet) Montpelier, Vt., 1886.
- Peck, Ira B. Peck Genealogical History. Boston, Mass., 1868. Randall, Walter. "Sandgate," The Vermont Historical Gazetteer, Vol. I. Burlington, Vt., 1868, p. 230.
- Thompson, Zadock. "Diseases of Vermont," History of Vermont, Part II. Burlington, Vt., 1842, p. 220.
- Walton, E. P. Walton's Vermont Register and Farmers Almanac. Montpelier, Vt., 1838. XXI, p. 51.
- Vermont Merino Sheep Breeders' Association. Spanish Merino Sheep. Vol. 1. Rutland, Vt., 1879.
- 61 -
Farnham & Farnham